How do you unwind?
We live in the digital world. Did you know that the average person checks their phone once every 12 minutes?
I spend on average 14–15 hours in smartphone per day, every 3 minutes someone is calling me and I receive 5 messages in a minute, and I have about 15 notifications from my social media accounts hourly. So imagine almost 5000 hours every year with a phone. Isn’t it insane?
Sometimes we all need a digital detox. My business depends on social media because you have to be social to make people know you. But I propose taking a social media detox. I do it about 3 times a year, usually when I’m on vacation and when I’m having transatlantic flights. Here are some quick steps to start your digital detox:
- Choose 1-3 days in a calendar
- Deactivate your social media accounts
- Don’t take your electronics to bed
- If you can not avoid entering into social media, remove the applications from your smartphone
- Apply this plan every three or four months
This digital detox is a real thing! It will help you to vent out, become more focused and to clear your mind. Try it and share your results and insights.